Central Bedfordshire College are looking for volunteers who are passionate about helping our students improve their studies in both vocational subjects and English and maths.
Volunteering was launched at the College in September 2016, and we now have a small but increasing number of volunteers joining the team. Each volunteer is made to feel a part of the college, working alongside our staff to support and motivate our students in order for them to reach their potential.
By giving your time we would like you to be involved with:
- Helping students with areas of weakness
- Motivating and supporting students to overcome barriers obstructing their learning
- Helping students individually or in small groups
- Supporting tutors and providing regular feedback about students’ progress
- Promoting self-esteem and confidence of students in their own work and futures
- Sharing any ideas with tutors in order to provide students with complementary learning activities
We would like our volunteers to be:
- Good at listening
- Committed to equal opportunities
- Receptive to students needs
- Open, calm and relatable
Thank you for your interest in volunteering, we look forward to working with you.