An Apprenticeship is a nationally recognised training programme where you get the opportunity to work for an employer, earn a salary and achieve qualifications whilst gaining valuable work skills and experience.
Anyone over 16 years old, eligible to work in England and not in full-time education can apply to be an apprentice, whether you are a school leaver, have been in/are in employment and/or are seeking to start a new career.
An Apprenticeship can last between 1 and 4 years depending on the level, framework, the industry sector, employer's requirements and your ability.
Types of Apprenticeships
Central Bedfordshire College currently offers Apprenticeships at Level 2 and/or Level 3 in:
- Beauty Therapy, Barbering, Hairdressing
- Business and Administration, Customer Service
- Catering, Retail
- Childcare, Health & Social Care
- IT and Computing
- Construction, Engineering, Motor Vehicle
- Fitness/Gym Instruction.
Level 2 Intermediate Level Apprenticeships are equivalent to 5 A*-C GCSE passes
Level 3 Advanced Level Apprenticeships are equivalent to 2 A level passes
How to Apply
Potential Apprentices can secure a job themselves with an employer before approaching us with the employer details. We will provide further information, and the employer must then decide whether or not they would like to participate in the programme.
Our current Apprenticeship vacancies can be viewed on the right, you must login or create an account on the Appreniceship website in order to apply.
The Benefits - Apprentices
As employees, apprentices earn a wage and work alongside experienced staff to gain job-specific skills. Off-the-job, usually on a day-release basis, apprentices receive training to work towards nationally recognised qualifications.
- earn a salary
- get paid holidays
- receive training
- learn job-specific skills
- gain qualifications
- progression opportunities within the workplace.
The Benefits – Employers
Employers of all sizes could participate in an Apprenticeship programme appointing Apprentices; employees that are studying while they are paid.
- reduce training and recruitment costs
- off-the-job training is managed by the training provider
- develop a skilled, motivated and qualified workforce
- a more stable workforce, as apprentices develop loyalty to the company that hired them
- able to plan to meet future workforce needs due to expansion plans/retirement of staff
- increase productivity and your bottom line
- provide faster financial return on investment.
For more information about the benefits of employing an apprentice or of offering Apprenticeship training to new or current staff, please contact us on:
Tel: 01582 477 776