Course Code
1614519-E1KA
Course Title
ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION LEVEL 2 DIPLOMA C&G (2365) (EVE)
Level
Level 2
Duration
30 weeks
Entry Requirements
It is desirable to have a minimum 4 GCSE A*-D / 9-5 Grades (including English and Maths) and a Pass in Level 1 Electrical Installation qualification and a GCSE Grade A*-D / 9-5 in English and maths. A keen interest in Electrical Installation and a passion for learning. Adults will be assessed at interview for their suitability to the course.
Venue
HOUGHTON REGIS CAMPUS
Start Date
16/09/2019
Days and Times
Fees
19-23 £1,287.00
24+ £1,287.00

Entrance requirements

• It is desirable to have a minimum 4 GCSE A-D / 9-5 Grades (including English and Maths) and a Pass in Level 1 Electrical Installation qualification and a GCSE Grade A-D / 9-5 in English and maths
  • A keen interest in Electrical Installation and a passion for learning. Adults will be assessed at interview for their suitability to the course.

Course Description

This is a part time evening course for adults over 1 acadmic year, 2 x evenings per week (18.00-21.00) plus some Saturdays for assessments will be required. This course that will give you the opportunity to develop a range of skills in electrical installation, supporting progression on to further study. The course is well structured to allow for a soild foundation for progression to level 3.

Who is the course suitable for?

This course is for those learners with a keen interest and some skills in electrical installation and who aim to work in the electrical installation industry as a quality tradesperson. It will prepare you for a level 3 qualification in Electrical Installation. We have high professional standards and expectations of our learners and expect excellent attendance, punctuality and the wearing of PPE.

Course content

This course prepares you with skills and knowledge in a variety of topics such as Health & Safety, principals of electrical science, wiring sysytems and enclosures and communication. There are exams associated with this course in order to pass.

How will the course be taught?

You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced professionals who will use a wide variety of teaching methods to help you to learn and progress to the next level. Lessons can consist of lectures, discussions, independent research, online tests and individual and group practical tasks.

How will I know how well I am doing?

Every student has a personal tutor who will meet with their learners on a regular basis to ensure they are making good progress. Tutors make sure that you receive regular feedback, manage your workload and meet college expectations.

Are there any additional costs?

Coming to college is a commitment and you will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost your course book (£25), PPE and of travelling to college and your own portable memory device, pens and paper.

What course can I do next?

You can progress onto:

• Level 3 Electrical Installation

Alternatively you could look for employment

How do I join the course?

Please apply online

Where will I attend?

Your course will be taught at the Kingsland Campus in Houghton Regis but may be required to travel to our main campus in Kingsway, Dunstable for exams and other lessons.

Course Fees

19+ £1319.00

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Construction Courses

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

• qaa
  • TES FE 2018 Winner email signature Professional services

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon