Course Code
13107 18
Course Title
GRAPHIC DESIGN AND MOTION GRAPHICS LEVEL 3 EXTENDED DIPLOMA UAL (YR2)
Level
Level 3
Duration
1 year weeks
Entry Requirements
4 GCSEs Grade A*-C including English and Maths and a portfolio of artwork
Venue
THE STORE, HE CENTRE
Start Date
10/09/2018
Days and Times
Fees
16-18
19-23
24+

Entrance requirements

4 GCSE’s Grade A*-C including English and Maths and a portfolio of artwork

Course Description

The graphic design and motion graphics course blends artistic design concepts with computer design products. You use a range of programmes to develop responses to assignments each established to extend your skills towards becoming a professional in the graphic design industry. There is a combination of commissions and course work assignments allowing you to experience working for a client as well as constantly imporving your skills in the field.

Who is the course suitable for?

If you are interested in having a career within Creative Industries, one of the most diverse and growing employment sectors even during the recession then course is for you.

Course content

This course offers students an exciting and creative route into the profession of Graphic and Visual Design or related areas. With tuition in the principal design packages such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, students also engage in using processes such as illustration, print-making and motion graphics to enhance their designs.

“motion graphic design” – a subset of graphic design, uses the principles of graphic design in a film, video context, or other temporary visually moving medium. Think of title sequences, music videos, TV channel branding, film trailers and advertisements; all are motion graphics.

You will be encouraged to become a creative problem solver.

How will the course be taught?

You will be expanding your knowledge of Design and its function in Creative Industry through practical work by making and designing outcomes with presentations of work through critical review. A significant number of projects are live, which means that you will be working with actual real clients on real designs and not hypothetical scenarios. Previous clients include ASDA, Central Bedfordshire College itself and other local businesses.

How will I know how well I am doing?

Assessment of work is through a range of activities such as: course work, practical demonstration of a technique, verbal communication, written annotation and course work, sketchbook, production of a final outcome, critical review.

Are there any additional costs?

Some essential materials are provided but there are a number of trips which will involve additional payment and students will need to purchase additional materials for their work.

What course can I do next?

Usually students advance on to university courses, even here at the college. You can also progress into work from this course.

Where can I get further support / advice?

Contact the college on 01582 477 776 or go to our website: www.centralbeds.ac.uk

How do I join the course?

Fill in an application form and you will be invited for a presentation and interview with one of the tutors.

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Digital Media Courses

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

Be the first to know about course availability

Email address:

• qaa
  • ofsted good

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon