Course Code
13108 18
Course Title
PHOTOGRAPHY FOR NEW MEDIA LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA UAL (YR 1)
Level
Level 3
Duration
1 year weeks
Entry Requirements
You will need 4 A* - C grades at GCSE level including Maths and English.
Venue
THE STORE, HE CENTRE
Start Date
10/09/2018
Days and Times
Fees
16-18
19-23
24+

What will I learn?

How to master camera controls, for a wide range of different circumstances. These range from low light, long exposure, through to high end fashion and portrait. You will learn how to adapt a continually growing skill set to the surroundings that we face as photographers. You will also learn how to work in employment as a photographer. This will include how to market yourself, how to fulfil briefs, and how to take your photographic skillset and apply it to a range of different industry requirements. We will demonstrate and develop studio and location skills.

How will I learn?

Through hands – on, practical sessions exploring the use of camera functions, and shooting methods and through continual feedback and direction to take images from good to great. There are tutor led presentations, demonstrating skills and techniques, as well as the reflective process that aid development. You will use current professional examples to enhance your understanding. There are trips to galleries and trade shows which show the work of professionals and professional processes, which are relevant to the assigned unit, and will inspire and direct projects. You will work to live briefs from real clients and hone your skills through a wide range of projects.

What is the qualification I will gain (include LARA code)

UAL Level 3 Diploma in Art and Design (600/2827/0)

2nd year UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design (600/2826/9)

What level is the qualification?

Level 3 Diploma and Level 3 Extended Diploma

How will I be assessed?

Through a range of on-going feedback techniques to enhance and reflect upon skill base. These include regular 1-1 feedback sessions to assess the work, and determine a route personal to you, that will aid development. Assessment will take place both as an on-going process, as well as a formative review at the end of each unit/brief.

What are the entry requirements?

You will need 4 A*-C grades at GCSE level or equivalent, including English and maths at grade C or above.

Is this the right course for me?

If you are interested or passionate about photography, and want to develop skills that will enhance your photography and direct you within industry perspectives, then yes.

What are the course’s strong points?

Strong developmental element that takes photographic skills forward in way that is personal to each student. There are also opportunities to work with the strong industry links that we have, in order to gain work experience, and further skills and portfolio. We also work with other departments around the campus to help with the completion of parts of the course. We organise trips and days out where the students can bond and interact.

‘’I like the independence and the freedom to do my own thing, I also think that the support and constructive criticism has allowed my work to move forward and definitely look better.’’

‘’we get a good chance to learn new techniques and cover a range of elements within photography like fashion, long exposure, etc’’.

The course is run by an award winning and working photographer who keeps on top of contemporary trends, and passes this insight on to the students.

Progression route / what jobs can it lead to?

Progression from the Diploma is into the second year extended Diploma in Photography. From the Extended Diploma the most common progression is to HE, whether here at the college on the HNC in Photography or on to a university. A career in the Photographic industry may also start after completion of the Level three course.

Are there any additional costs?

Students do not have to provide their own camera, but as the course develops students usually wish to purchase their own DSLR camera, and it is common that students enhance their work with additional costumes and props and trips will require student contributions.

Which campus will I study at?

The Store, Kingsway Campus, Dunstable

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Digital Media Courses

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

Be the first to know about course availability

Email address:

• qaa
  • ofsted good

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon