Start Date
24/09/2018
Days and Times
Fees
16-18 £4,500.00
19-23 £4,500.00
24+ £4,500.00

Entrance requirements

You will need a level 3 qualification in a relevant subject area and 4 GCSE A*-C, including English and maths at grade C or above.

Course Description

You will hone your skills as a photographer by using camera controls, for a wide range of different circumstances. These range from low light, long exposure, through to high end fashion and portrait. You will learn how to adapt a continually growing skill set to the surroundings that we face as photographers. You will also learn how to work in employment as a photographer and will include how to market yourself, how to fulfil briefs, and how to take your expanding photographic skillset and apply it to a range of different industry requirements. You will demonstrate and develop both studio and location skills.

Strong developmental element that takes your photographic skills forward in way that is personal to each student. There are also opportunities to work with the strong industry links that we have, in order to gain work experience, and further your skills and portfolio. There are also trips and days out where the students can bond and interact as well as use the opportunity to shoot for your various projects. We have strong links with industry including BBC 3 Counties radio. ‘’I like the independence and the freedom to do my own thing, I also think that the support and constructive criticism has allowed my work to move forward and definitely look better.’’ ‘’we get a good chance to learn new techniques and cover a range of elements within photography like fashion, long exposure, etc’’. The course is run by an award winning and working photographer who keeps on top of contemporary trends, and passes this insight on to the students.

Who is the course suitable for?

If you are interested or passionate about photography, and want to develop skills that will enhance your photography and direct you within industry perspectives, then yes.

Course content

Through hands – on, practical sessions exploring further the use of camera functions, and shooting methods and through continual feedback and direction to take images from good to great. At this level there is a real emphasis is on industry within each unit and you will have networking opportunities to enhance your learning by working with employers that we have good relationships with including BBC 3 Counties Radio. Your skills will be used when on location and for studio shoots. You will work to live briefs from real clients and hone your skills through a wide range of projects.

Development of Maths and English

Employability Skills Development

How will the course be taught?

Through a range of on-going feedback techniques to enhance and reflect upon skill base. These include regular 1-1 feedback sessions to assess the work, and determine a route personal to you, that will aid development. Assessment will take place both as an on-going process, as well as a formative review at the end of each unit/brief.

How will I know how well I am doing?

Are there any additional costs?

Students do not have to provide their own camera, but as the course develops students usually wish to purchase their own DSLR camera, and it is common that students enhance their work with additional costumes and props and trips will require student contributions. There will also be costs involved for excursions and overseas residential trip

What course can I do next?

Leads to: Level 5 HND in Photography Progression from the HNC is into the second year HND in Photography. The final top up year can be completed at a university. A career in the Photographic industry may also start after completion of the Level three course.

Where can I get further support / advice?

How do I join the course?

Apply online at www.centralbeds.ac.uk

Course Fees

£4000 per year

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Digital Media Courses

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

Be the first to know about course availability

Email address:

• qaa
  • ofsted good

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon