Course Code
1354318-D1MA
Course Title
FDA GRAPHIC DESIGN & ADVERTISING PT (3YRS)
Level
Level 5
Duration
90 weeks
Entry Requirements
120 UCAS points and portfolio. Alternative qualifications and experience will be taken into consideration.
Venue
THE STORE, HE CENTRE
Start Date
02/10/2018
Days and Times
Fees
16-18 £6,000.00
19-23 £6,000.00
24+ £6,000.00

Entrance requirements

120 UCAS points and portfolio. Alternative qualifications and experience will be taken into consideration.

Course Description

FDA in Graphic Design and Advertising 2 years (full time), 3 years (part time)

Who is the course suitable for?

Course content

This course has been developed in a partnership between the University of Bedfordshire and our partners and you will benefit from teaching by staff from both institutions. You will explore key practical and conceptual strategies as well as develop communications skills in relation to design, advertising and marketing. You will expand your knowledge in packaging, branding and typography through a range of media and processes. You will also use Adobe Creative Suite and practice your presentation skills. You will work on project briefs set by, amongst others, the Design and Art Directors Association (D&AD) and the Royal Society of Arts, and gain valuable work experience in the industry, building your portfolio and contacts as you learn to make sound judgements about your own work in a professional context. This course will encourage personally designed work for your progression route into employment within the creative industry or a BA top up year in Graphic Design. Units • Graphic Design and Advertising Development and Production (ART015-1) Compulsory • Graphic Design and Advertising Practice and Key Skills (ART014-1) Compulsory • Key Ideas in Art and Design: Modernism (ART001-1) Compulsory • Foundation Degree Art and Design Project (ART014-2) Compulsory • Foundation Degree Project Planning Development and Work Based Learning (ART013-2) Compulsory • Key Ideas in Art and Design: Globalisation (ART001-2) Compulsory Please note that this is an indicative list based on units currently being studied and is not intended as definitive. Some units may change from time to time.

Development of Maths and English

Employability Skills Development

How will the course be taught?

How will I know how well I am doing?

Are there any additional costs?

What course can I do next?

Where can I get further support / advice?

How do I join the course?

via UCAS code W210

Course Fees

19-23 £6000 p/y 24+ £6000 p/y • People with limited previous qualifications or who are in receipt of Job Seekers' Allowance or who have other special circumstances may qualify for further fee reduction or free tuition. Please enquire. Fees are payable per year of study, except for 24+ loans which are for the full cost of the course. Fees are correct at time of publication but are subject to change. Students who are studying full time at another institution will not be eligible for funding to study an additional course at Central Bedfordshire College. Therefore, students would need to pay the full fees for their additional course.

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Digital Media Courses

Team CBC

Kelly

WHAT BROUGHT YOU TO CENTRAL BEDFORDSHIRE COLLEGE? It’s close to where I live, which is convenient - especially having to balance family life with college life. Also, I had a really...

Read more

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

Be the first to know about course availability

Email address:

• qaa
  • ofsted good
  • TES FE 2018 Winner email signature Professional services

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon