28302 19
Course Title
PERFORMING ENGINEERING OPERATIONS ELECTRONIC STREAM LEVEL 2 NVQ DIPLOMA 7682-20
Level
Level 2
Duration
1 year
Entry Requirements
4 x GCSEs at grade C and D / 9-4 including English and maths at A*-C/9-4 or a Level 1 Engineering qualification plus maths (A*-C/9-4) and English. A commitment to learning and a keen interest in Electrical/Electronic Engineering. If you do not meet these entry requirements please ask about our Level 1 Study Programmes.
Venue
DUNSTABLE
Start Date
09/09/2019
Days and Times
Fees
19-23 £994.00
24+ £994.00
Full Cost £2,583.00

Entrance requirements

4 x GCSEs at grade C and D / 9-4 including English and maths at A-C/9-4 or a Level 1 Engineering qualification plus maths (A-C/9-4) and English. A commitment to learning and a keen interest in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.

If you do not meet these entry requirements please ask about our Level 1 Study Programmes.

Course Description

The Performing Engineering Operations (7682) in Electrical/Electronics will include units of study such as; Working Safely in an Engineering Environment, Carrying out Engineering activities efficiently and effectively, Using and communicating technical information, Producing Electrical/Electronic Drawings using CAD sysytems, Wiring and Testing Electrical Equipment and Cicuits, Assembling and Testing Electronic Circuits.

Who is the course suitable for?

School leavers age 16-18 years old with a commitment to learning and able to attend College full time prepared to learn. This qualification is for learners with some knowledge and basic skills in production or maintenance engineering to enable them to progress safely into the workplace or next level of study. This qualification will help you to develop the transeferable skills, attributes and behaviours needed to progress to further study at the next level and employment in the engineering sector. We have high professional standards and expectations of our learners and expect excellent attendance, punctuality and the wearing of PPE. You will also be required to complete PPD, English and Maths alongside your PEO course.

Development of Maths and English

Students who have not yet achieved at least a grade C/4 in English and Maths will have to continue taking these subjects up to the age of 18, as per government requirements. At Central Bedfordshire College Students who have not achieved A*-C/9-4 in GCSE Maths and English will be required to retake these GCSE subjects in order to obtain at least a C/4 grade at GCSE level.

Employability Skills Development

Your study programme includes employability skills development, careers information, support and guidance on progression opportunities.

How will the course be taught?

You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced professionals who will use a wide variety of teaching methods to help you to learn and progress to the next level.

Lectures, discussions, independent research and practical and written tasks.

How will I know how well I am doing?

Every student has a personal tutor who will meet with their learners on a regular basis to ensure they are making good progress. Tutors make sure that you receive regular feedback, manage your workload and meet college expectations.

Are there any additional costs?

Coming to college is a full time commitment and you will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to college and potentially to a local work placement. Pens, paper, PPE and a USB memory stick are essential purchases. We may request contributions are made to trips and outings.

What course can I do next?

You can progress onto:

• Level 3 Engineering

Alternatively you could look for an Apprenticeship or entry level employment.

Where can I get further support / advice?

Please apply online and you will be invited for an interview with the subject teacher who will discuss the course fully with you.

How do I join the course?

Please apply online

Where will I attend?

Your course will be taught at our main campus in Kingsway.

Course Fees

16-18 £0.00 19+ £994.00 If you are over 19 and it is your first full level 1 or 2 qualification your fee may be funded.

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Engineering Courses

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

• qaa
  • TES FE 2018 Winner email signature Professional services

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon