Course Code
14202 17B
Course Title
WAY INTO WORKSKILLS ENTRY 3 BTEC AWARD EDEXCEL (APR)
Level
Entry 3
Duration
10 weeks weeks
Entry Requirements
We will invite you to the college for an interview. We may ask for information from your school, parents or carers if that?s appropriate so that we can decide if this is the right course for you.
Venue
DUNSTABLE
Start Date
16/04/2018
Days and Times
Fees
16-18 £0.00
19-23 £362.00
24+ £362.00

Entrance requirements

We will invite you to the college for an interview. We may ask for information from your school, parents or carers if that’s appropriate so that we can decide if this is the right course for you.

Course Description

Options include IT, Forensic Science, Media, Motor Vehicle, Animal Care, Horticulture. You will improve your English, Maths and IT skills and you will work with others on a business enterprise. You will be able to choose from a range of options – you can study one or two subjects in depth or you can take tasters throughout the year.

Who is the course suitable for?

This course is suitable for young people who have not gained standard qualifications at school or college and who would like to find out which areas of study would suit them in future.

We have high standards and expectations of our learners. We expect you to be enthusiastic about your studies, to work hard and take part in all of the activities.

Course content

This course prepares you with skills and knowledge in a variety of topics that will prepare you for the next level of education. You will cover English, Maths, IT and study skills, team working and will be able to choose options from courses that are run across the college.

Development of Maths and English

You will work towards Functional Skills qualifications in Maths and English.

Employability Skills Development

Your study programme includes 1 hour per week of employability skills development which includes Careers Education, support and guidance on progression opportunities.

How will the course be taught?

You will be taught by highly qualified and teachers who will use a wide variety of teaching methods to help you to learn and progress to the next level. You will have as much individual support as you need and there will be regular reviews to make sure that you are coping well with the level and workload of the course.

How will I know how well I am doing?

Every student has a personal tutor who will meet with their tutees on a regular basis to ensure they are making good progress. Tutors make sure that you receive regular feedback, manage your workload and meet college expectations.

Are there any additional costs?

Coming to college is a full time commitment and you will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to college in Dunstable, the Centre and potentially to a local work placement. We do recommend a few good resources that you can choose to purchase if you wish. We may request contributions are made to trips and outings.

What course can I do next?

You can progress to the next level of Way Into or onto other courses in the college

Where can I get further support / advice?

Contact the college on 01582 477 776 or go to our website: www.centralbeds.ac.uk

How do I join the course?

Fill in an application form and you will be invited for a presentation and interview with one of the tutors.

Course Fees

The course is free if you are 16-18.

Be the first to know about course availability

Email address:

• qaa
  • ofsted good

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon