25101 18
Course Title
HAIRDRESSING LEVEL 1 DIPLOMA VTCT
Level
Level 1
Duration
1 year
Entry Requirements
4 x GCSE's grade A*-D / 9-3 including maths and English.
Venue
DUNSTABLE
Start Date
10/09/2018
Days and Times

Entrance requirements

4x GCSE required including maths and English

Who is the course suitable for?

The level 1 course is aimed at school leavers age 16-18 who have a passion for hairdressing.

Course Description

The purpose of this qualification is to develop your skills in hairdressing and will provide you with the foundation for further learning. It will also enable you to perform your own services and to assist others in the salon.

Course content

You will be able to work on a salon reception, develop your creative skills in the art of dressing hair and applying temporary colour, how to create a hair and beauty image, provide effective shampooing and conditioning hair, how to display retail stock, the creative art of styling women’s hair.Underpinning this qualification you will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety whilst working in the hair industry. Your lessons will be in our state of the art, industry standard salons.

Development of Maths and English

Students who have not yet achieved at least a grade C/4 in English and Maths will have to continue taking these subjects up to the age of 18, as per government requirements. At Central Bedfordshire College Students who have a D/3 in GCSE Maths and English will be required to retake these GCSE subjects in order to obtain at least a C/4 grade at GCSE level.

Employability Skills Development

All students will be required to attend work experience and employability skills will be embedded in your lessons when working in a realistic working environment.

How will the course be taught?

You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced professionals who will use a wide variety of teaching methods to help you to learn and progress to the next level.

Practical salon sessions, lectures, discussions, independent research and examinations.

How will I know how well I am doing?

Every student has a personal tutor who will meet with their learners on a regular basis to ensure they are making good progress. Tutors make sure that you receive regular feedback, manage your workload and meet college expectations.

Are there any additional costs?

Full uniform, shoes and kit plus educational trips

What course can I do next?

When you have sucessfully completed this qualification you will have the opportunity to progress

• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
  • Level 2 VRQ Hair and Media Make-up Artistry
  • Level 2 NVQ Diploma Beauty
  • Level 2 NVQ Diploma Barbering

Where can I get further support / advice?

Please apply online and you will be invited for an interview with subject teacher who will discuss the course fully with you.

How do I join the course?

Please apply online

Course Fees

16-18 £0.00 19-23 £1014.00 24+ £1014.00

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Hair & Beauty Courses

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

Be the first to know about course availability

Email address:

• qaa
  • ofsted good
  • TES FE 2018 Winner email signature Professional services

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon