25201 18
Course Title
BEAUTY THERAPY LEVEL 1 NVQ DIPLOMA VTCT
Level
Level 1
Duration
1 year
Entry Requirements
4 x GCSEs including maths and English, a passion for beauty therapy.
Venue
DUNSTABLE
Start Date
10/09/2018
Days and Times

Entrance requirements

4 x GCSEs including maths and English, a passion for beauty therapy.

Course Description

Level 1 Diploma in Beauty Therapy is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills through the following units; improving the appearance of the hands and feet with basic manicure and pedicure services, providing relaxing head massage treatments, cleansing, toning and moisturising and giving advice on skin care, and basic day make-up application. To further enhance your skills you will also cover artistic and creative elements on your course such as nail art, themed face painting and photographic make-up.

Who is the course suitable for?

The course is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their skills and learn the foundations of Beauty Therapy in order to progress to Level 2.

Course content

You will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety and you will also develop an underpinning knowledge and understanding of the skills required to support you in the beauty therapy industry such as salon reception duties, retail displays and working with others. The purpose of this qualification is develop your skills in beauty therapy and will provide you with the foundation for further learning. It will also enable you to perform your own basic services and to assist others in the salon.

Development of Maths and English

Students who have not yet achieved at least a grade C/4 in English and Maths will have to continue taking these subjects up to the age of 18, as per government requirements. At Central Bedfordshire College Students who have a D/3 in GCSE Maths and English will be required to retake these GCSE subjects in order to obtain at least a C/4 grade at GCSE level.

Employability Skills Development

You will be provided with information on the latest trends and developments in the industry. And employability skills will be embedded within the course while working within a realistic working environment.

You will also be required to undertake a placement within a Beauty salon.

How will the course be taught?

You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced Beauty professionals who will use a wide variety of teaching methods to help you to learn and progress through the course, including demonstrations, discussions, coaching, group work and practical activities. Assessment techniques will include observed work, witness statements, written questions, oral questions, and assignments. Your lessons will be in our state of the art, industry standard salons.

How will I know how well I am doing?

You will be assessed through assignments that are structured. Assessment is ongoing in class and via assignment submissions. You will be completing practical assessments and producing written documentation.

Are there any additional costs?

Full uniform , shoes and kit plus trips

What course can I do next?

Level 2 Beauty Therapy Level 2 Hair and Media Make-up Artistry

Where can I get further support / advice?

Please apply online and you will be invited for an interview withe subject teacher who will discuss the course fully with you.

How do I join the course?

Please apply online

Course Fees

16-18 £0.00 19-23 £1000.00 24+ £1000.00

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

• qaa
  • TES FE 2018 Winner email signature Professional services

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon