25202 18
Course Title
BEAUTY THERAPY LEVEL 2 NVQ DIPLOMA VTCT
Level
Level 2
Duration
1 year
Entry Requirements
4 x GCSE at grade D / 3 or above including maths and English or level 1 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
Venue
DUNSTABLE
Start Date
10/09/2018
Days and Times

Entrance requirements

4 x GCSE at grade D / 3 or above including maths and English or level 1 Diploma in Beauty Therapy

Course Description

This qualification will provide you with the requisite knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as a beauty therapist.

Who is the course suitable for?

This qualification has been specifically designed for the 16-19 age group, and will develop the knowledge and skills to prepare learners for employment as a junior beauty therapist. Learners will have their beauty therapy skills assessed in a real working environment.

This qualification includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty therapist.

Course content

Throughout this qualification you will ensure responsibility to reduce risks to health and safety, promote additional services or products to clients, develop and maintain your effectiveness at work, provide facial skincare treatment, enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes, carry out waxing services and provide pedicure and manicure services. You will be supervised by technical staff and assessed on your occupational competence.

Development of Maths and English

Students who have not yet achieved at least a grade C/4 in English and Maths will have to continue taking these subjects up to the age of 18, as per government requirements. At Central Bedfordshire College Students who have a D/3 in GCSE Maths and English will be required to retake these GCSE subjects in order to obtain at least a C/4 grade at GCSE level.

Employability Skills Development

All students will be required to attend work experience in an external environment and attend SOME Saturday sessions in college for work based learning sessions

How will the course be taught?

You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced Beauty Therapy professionals who will use a wide variety of teaching methods to help you to learn and progress through on-going assessment in practical skills and theory tests as well as work experience.Your lessons will be in our state of the art, industry standard salons.

How will I know how well I am doing?

Every student has a personal tutor who will meet with their learners on a regular basis to ensure they are making good progress. Tutors make sure that you receive regular feedback, manage your workload and meet college expectations.

Are there any additional costs?

Full uniform, shoes and kit plus trips

What course can I do next?

Level 3 Beauty Therapy Level 3 Theatrical make-up.

Where can I get further support / advice?

Please apply online and you will be invited for an interview with the subject teacher who will discuss the course fully with you.

How do I join the course?

Please apply online.

Course Fees

16-18 £0.00 19-23 £1348.00

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Hair & Beauty Courses

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

Be the first to know about course availability

Email address:

• qaa
  • ofsted good

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon