Course Code
2526117-E1MB
Course Title
NAIL TECHNOLOGY LEVEL 2 AWARD VTCT (JAN)
Level
Level 2
Duration
12 weeks weeks
Entry Requirements
Level 2 Manicure & Pedicure
Venue
DUNSTABLE
Start Date
10/01/2018
Days and Times
Fees
16-18
19-23 £150.00
24+ £150.00

Entrance requirements

Level 2 Manicure & Pedicure

Course Description

The VTCT Level 2 Award in Nail Technology (QCF) is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in providing and maintaining nail enhancements using either UV gel or liquid and powder nail systems.

Who is the course suitable for?

All aspects of nail enhancement to enable you to become a fully qualified nail technician. this course is suitable for those wishing to embark further progress from nail treatments to nail technology.

Course content

Apply and maintain nail enhancements, including acrylic, gel and fibre-glass

Development of Maths and English

Maths and English will be embedded into each lesson to develop your skills.

Employability Skills Development

You will be provided with information on the latest trends and developments in the nail industry. And employability skills will be embedded within the course while working within a realistic working environment.

How will the course be taught?

You will be taught by a qualified and experienced nail technicians who will use a wide variety of teaching methods to deliver the course content. Once delivered you will work on fellow students and when competent progress onto clients for your practical assessments. You will also be required to complete a range of theory questions and complete a multiple choice test paper.

How will I know how well I am doing?

Every student has a personal tutor who will meet with them on a regular basis to ensure they are making good progress. Tutors make sure that you receive regular feedback, manage your workload and meet college expectations.

Are there any additional costs?

A kit of approximately £150

What course can I do next?

Learners who complete this qualification are eligible to become a State Registered Barber (SRB) with The Hairdressing Council.

Career opportunities as an senior barber/men's hairdresser exist in a variety of contexts, including:

• Commercial business
  • Spas
  • Independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
  • Product manufacturing and training
  • Television, film, theatre and media
  • Armed services
  • HM prison service
  • Cruise liners

Where can I get further support / advice?

Contact the college on 01582 477 776 or go to our website: www.centralbeds.ac.uk

How do I join the course?

Fill in an application form and you will be invited for a presentation and interview with one of the tutors.

Course Fees

£150

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Hair & Beauty Courses

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

Be the first to know about course availability

Email address:

• qaa
  • ofsted good

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon