24208 18
Course Title
INTRO TO CULINARY SKILLS LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATE C&G
Level
Level 1
Duration
1 year weeks
Entry Requirements
A keen interest in cooking and a passion for food. A good standard of English and mathematics.
Venue
DUNSTABLE
Start Date
10/09/2018
Days and Times
Fees
16-18
19-23
24+

Entrance requirements

A keen interest in cooking and a passion for food. A good standard of English and mathematics.

Course Description

The Culinary Skills qualifications can help you become a chef. You'll gain a high standard of cookery skills and have the option to learn other workplace essentials like health and safety in a kitchen.

Who is the course suitable for?

If you are new to the industry and want to gain a good basic understanding of catering work, enough to succeed in a job or move on to further study. The Culinary Skills qualifications are for anyone who wants to work as a chef in the catering and hospitality sector. It is ideal for learners coming straight from school who wish to seek a career in this industry. Ish their knowledge by undertaking topics within the qualification.

Course content

You'll cover the following: •Food safety •Health and safety in catering •Healthier foods •Costs and menu planning •Preparing and cooking different foods. You will be assessed using assignments, practical tasks, exams and online tests.

Development of Maths and English

tudents who have not yet achieved at least a C grade in English and Maths will have to continue taking these subjects up to the age of 18, as per government requirements. At Central Bedfordshire College Students who have a D in GCSE Maths and English will be required to retake these GCSE subjects in order to obtain at least a C grade at GCSE level.

Employability Skills Development

Your study programme will include employability skills development which includes Careers, support and guidance on progression opportunities. Students will be required to attend work experience in an external environment once a week and attend evening and Saturday sessions in college for work based learning sessions.

How will the course be taught?

You will complete practical demonstrations/synoptic exams, assignments and take a multiple choice examination

How will I know how well I am doing?

Every student has a personal tutor who will meet with their learners on a regular basis to ensure they are making good progress. Tutors make sure that you receive regular feedback, manage your workload and meet college expectations.

Are there any additional costs?

Uniform, kit and extra ingredients as requested

What course can I do next?

Level 2 Culinary Skills Level 2 Bakery

Where can I get further support / advice?

How do I join the course?

Course Fees

16-18 £0.00 19-23 £633.00 24+ £633.00

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

Related Links

Be the first to know about course availability

Email address:

• qaa
  • ofsted good

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon