Course Code
2424118-D1MB
Course Title
FOOD SAFETY IN CATERING LEVEL 2 AWARD CIEH (DEC)
Level
Level 2
Duration
1 day weeks
Entry Requirements
No formal entry requirements
Venue
DUNSTABLE
Start Date
14/12/2017
Days and Times
Fees
16-18
19-23 £55.00
24+

Entrance requirements

None

Course Description

As a food handler it is essential that you are aware of the basic principles of food hygiene so you can ensure that the food you prepare remains safe for the consumer to eat.

This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering course has been designed to help anyone who handles, prepares or serves food in the catering industry understand their legal responsibilities so that they can comply with the law, understand the key aspects of food hygiene practice and know how to minimise food safety hazards.

Who is the course suitable for?

ALL IN THE CATERING INDUSTRY

Course content

Food safety

Employability Skills Development

You will be provided with information on the latest trends and developments in the industry. And employability skills will be embedded within the course while working within a realistic working environment.

You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced professionals who will use a wide variety of teaching methods to help you to learn and progress through the course, including demonstrations, discussions, coaching, group work and practical activities.

Assessment techniques will include observed work, witness statements, written questions, oral questions, and assignments.

How will I know how well I am doing?

Every student has a personal tutor who will meet with their tutees on a regular basis to ensure they are making good progress. Tutors make sure that you receive regular feedback, manage your workload and meet college expectations.

Are there any additional costs?

Coming to college is a full time commitment and you will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to college and potentially to a local work placement. We do recommend a few good resources that you can choose to purchase if you wish. We may request contributions are made to trips and outings.

You will be required to wear a uniform and a kit is recommended for the purpose of practicing skills at home.

What course can I do next?

Level 2 food and beverage service

Level 2 Professional Cookery

Where can I get further support / advice?

Contact the college on 01582 477 776 or go to our website: www.centralbeds.ac.uk

How do I join the course?

Fill in an application form and you will be invited for a presentation and interview with one of the tutors.

Course Fees

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

Related Links

Be the first to know about course availability

Email address:

• qaa
  • ofsted good

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon