Days and Times
Fees
16-18
19-23
24+

Entrance requirements

2 GCSES

Course Description

The Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service with retail skills is suitable for you, if you are 16+ whose role requires you to continually deliver and improve the service you offer to your customers. This could include if customer service is not your main responsibility, but that will assist you in your day to day work. This vocational qualification will allow you to develop and evidence your competency in customer service by observations, assignments and professional discussions (this is not an exhausted list of evidence).

Who is the course suitable for?

This qualification provides the opportunity to demonstrate in the workplace the skills and knowledge of customer service and dealing with the problems that arise from customer service issues and how to improve the service that you offered. The optional units cover a range of subjects from dealing with incoming and outgoing telephone calls to promoting additional products and/or services. The mandatory units of this qualification are mainly customer service based, however you are able to tailor your optional units to also cover business administration and management and leadership to suit your role in your organisation. This qualification will provide you with the skills, knowledge and understanding required in a Customer Service focused occupation.

Course content

• Deliver customer service
  • Understand Customers
  • Principles of Customer Service
  • Understand employer organisations
  • Manage personal performance and development

As well as other optional units in retail skills.

Development of Maths and English

Students who are 16-18 and have not yet achieved at least a C grade in English and Maths will have to continue, as per government requirements.

At Central Bedfordshire College Students who have a D in GCSE Maths and English will be required to retake these GCSE subjects in order to obtain at least a C grade at GCSE level.

Employability Skills Development

All students will be required to attend work experience in an external environment once a week and attend SOME Saturday sessions in college for work based learning sessions.

How will the course be taught?

Underpinning this qualification you will develop a sound knowledge and understanding of each unit including health and safety for all services.

How will I know how well I am doing?

Through on-going assessment in practical skills and theory tests as well as study programmes and work experience.

Pro monitor will track all progress made

Through one to one sessions with your tutor throughout the course.

Are there any additional costs?

Uniform

What course can I do next?

Level 3 Retail and customer service

Employment in customer service and retail establishments such as Customer Service Assistant; Telesales Operative; Help Desk Assistant; Call Centre Advisor.

Where can I get further support / advice?

Contact the college on 01582 477 776 or go to our website: www.centralbeds.ac.uk

How do I join the course?

Fill in an application form on line and you will be invited for a presentation and interview with one of the tutors.

Course Fees

Fees vary from year to year and need to be discussed on interview.

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

Related Links

Be the first to know about course availability

Email address:

• qaa
  • ofsted good

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

Survey

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon