2321019-F1MA
Course Title
HNC POLICING HEFCE
Level
Level 4
Duration
30 weeks
Entry Requirements
You will need a level 3 qualification in a relevant subject area and 4 GCSE A*-C, including English and maths at grade C or above and be over 18 years old.
Venue
DUNSTABLE
Start Date
24/09/2019
Days and Times
Fees
19-23 £4,950.00
24+ £4,950.00

Entrance requirements

You will need a level 3 qualification in a relevant subject area and 4 GCSE A*-C, including English and maths at grade C or above and be over 18 years old.

Course Description

By 2020, all new entrants to the police force must be qualified to degree level. The HNC in Policing should enable you to top up to a BA Honours Degree in Policing or related subject area after completing the second year at level 5 (HND). This course aims to equip students with sector specific skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global policing environment.

Who is the course suitable for?

This course is for students wishing to progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in policing or a related area.

Course content

You will study the eight mandatory core units; Small scale Research Project in Policing, Criminal Law, Police and the Criminal Justice System, Equality and Diversity in the Police Service, Roads Policing, Technology and the Police Service, Criminology, Command and Control.

Development of Maths and English

Employability Skills Development

How will the course be taught?

You will attend lectures and seminars, take part in workshops and attend some practical sessions. The course will enable you to develop wider thinking and critical analysis through a combination of theory and practical lessons.

Every student has a personal tutor who will meet with their students on a regular basis to ensure they are making good progress. Tutors make sure that you receive regular feedback, can manage your workload and meet college expectations.

How will I know how well I am doing?

You will be assessed in a variety of ways, including written assignments, practical assessment and presentations. The course will be delivered through a mixture of workshops, taught sessions, lectures and independent learning. You will also receive a range of on-going feedback, these include regular 1-1 feedback sessions to assess the work, and determine a route personal to you, that will aid development.

Are there any additional costs?

There will be costs involved for uniform, any excursions and trips that may take place.

What course can I do next?

Level 5 HND in Policing followed by the final top up year which can be completed at a university.

Where can I get further support / advice?

How do I join the course?

Please apply online at www.centralbeds.ac.uk

Course Fees

£4950 per year

Sports, Public Services Courses

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Team CBC

Nurettin

WHAT BROUGHT YOU TO CENTRAL BEDFORDSHIRE COLLEGE? I chose CBC because it was close to where I live and because of the great, dedicated Sports tutors.

Read more

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

• qaa
  • TES FE 2018 Winner email signature Professional services

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon