Course Code
2825018-D1RA
Course Title
IT USERS ENTRY 3 AWARD C&G (LEWSEY FARM)
Level
Entry 3
Duration
15 weeks weeks
Entry Requirements
There are no formal entry requirements.
Venue
LEWSEY FARM LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRE
Start Date
15/09/2018
Days and Times
Fees
16-18
19-23
24+

Entrance requirements

There are no formal entry requirements.

Course Description

This qualification enables the learner to gain the skills and knowledge to become digitally literate in the use of a limited range of ICT applications or use of ICT equipment that can lead to further learning or provide digital skills for life that could aid their entry into employment. The primary purpose of this qualification is to progress onto further learning.

Who is the course suitable for?

This qualification has been developed for those with very little or no experience with ICT and software applications, but wish to become digitally literate and effectively use a small variety of ICT applications.

Course content

The course will cover: • IT User Fundamentals • Using Word Processing Software • Using the Internet and Email

Development of Maths and English

This is an entry level course and there will be emphasis towards developing Maths and English skills at this level.

Employability Skills Development

As part of the continuing drive to ensure digital literacy across all ages, as supported by a number of Government initiatives, this qualification will enable the learner to make use of ICT and digital technology as part of every day life or as a first step within/towards employment.

How will the course be taught?

Taught in a classroom environment, over 60% of this qualification is vocational that will require practical demonstration the skills and knowledge learnt.

You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced professionals who will use a wide variety of teaching methods to help you to learn and progress to the next level. There will be a large amount of practical assessments as well as theory lessons and written assignments.

How will I know how well I am doing?

Your tutor will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure that you making good progress. Your tutor will also give you feedback on your learning, as well as help you to manage your workload and meet college expectations.

Are there any additional costs?

No - though access to a computer/laptop/smart phone at home is required

What course can I do next?

This course provides the underpinning knowledge and skills that would allow you to progress and enhance your competency by taking a larger qualification at the same level or at a higher level.

Where can I get further support / advice?

Contact the college on 01582 477 776, email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or go to our website: www.centralbeds.ac.uk

How do I join the course?

Fill in an application form (at Central Bedfordshire College or online) and you will be invited for an interview with one of the tutors.

Course Fees

If you are 19+, are unemployed and in receipt of a state benefit this course may be free.

Courses you like

It's easy to add one! Find a course you like and tap BOOKMARK.

Need Help?

Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.

Submit an enquiry

Be the first to know about course availability

Email address:

• qaa
  • ofsted good

Course Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please tell us your email address.
Please enter a mobile or telephone number so we can contact you
Please tell us a little about your enquiry.

eventsigssksosredkensemlepuobuon