Pre-Season training is mandatory for all Football students, you need to attend all sessions, failure to do so may result in you not being accepted onto the course.
If there is a valid reason for you not being able to attend such as prebooked holidays etc. then this must be discussed and approved by the Football Development Manager in advance.
|Tuesday 29th August||2:30pm – 4:30pm|
|Wednesday 30th August||2.30pm - 4.30pm|
|Friday 1st September||2:30pm – 4:30pm|
|Monday 4th September||2:30pm – 4:30pm|
|Tuesday 5th September||2:30pm – 4:30pm|
|Wednesday 6th September||2:30pm – 4:30pm|
All training sessions will take place at Creasey Park
Football Development programme at CBC
“Practical football coaching sessions are of a high quality and reflect good professional practice “
“Students and staff consistently treat each other’s diverse backgrounds and views with respect. They participate well in events to promote positive personal, social and employability skills, including employer visits, guest speakers, well-being initiatives, volunteering opportunities and entry to competitions and events. Students in sport interact well with members of the public in the gym by providing help and fitness advice as part of their coaching qualifications.”
HOW IT WORKS
Our programme has been well established now for 12 years and continues to develop students both in the classroom and on the pitch, whilst giving them the foundations to progress onto higher study or in the world of work. We pride ourselves in being honest with students and NEVER OFFER FALSE PROMISES!!!
You will be a full time student on either a level one, two or three programme here at Central Bedfordshire College, and you will have academic studies every day with training around this.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
We take pride in having industry specialists that teach on the varied different elements of the course, not just one tutor doing everything as we feel this doesn’t give the student the best learner experience possible. We have excellent coaches with a wealth of experience in professional and semi-professional games. First class facilities to training and play on which will enhance player development. Links to numerous semi-professional football clubs in the local area, to aid player development.
Trial opportunities with the Luton Town Scholars, regular coaching sessions with the Luton Town Academy Manager – To showcase your talents throughout the year!
We work closely with employers and tailor our programme to meet their needs this gives our student a higher chance of gaining employment once the finish college.
FREE tickets to games at Kenilworth Road.
Opportunity to train with the current scholars (Luton Town Youth Team)…
Opportunities to meet the first team players …
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The only fee for the course is the kit; you will receive 2 training shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of socks, 1 ¼ zip top jumper, 1 rain jacket and 1 pair of training trousers PLUS a tracksuit and polo shirt for games. This will be in the clubs new training kit as worn by the first team and is exceptional value for money at £170.00 (financial supports may be available, should you meet the requirements)
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS AFTER COLLEGE
When you leave the courses at the highest level you will have the equivalent of 3 A levels this will allow you to be SUCCESSFUL and apply for universities in this country and abroad. We offer additional EMPLOYABLE qualifications like the FA Level one and FA Level two coaching badges to selected students on the course. With our numerous links with professional and semi-professional clubs there is always the possibility that you could follow in Keishi Anderson’s footsteps.
HOW WILL I BE MONITORED?
You will constantly be assessed throughout the course and will receive HONEST, CONSTRUCTIVE feedback in a termly review with your coach giving you clear guidance and direction on how to achieve your set targets moving forward. Don’t forget you will also be able to showcase these directly in front of the Luton Town Academy Manager throughout the season. You must be aware that the academic side of the course is the most important aspect and if you are not performing in the classroom then you will not be allowed to play in the games programme, but will be expected to still train.
Keishi Anderson – Central Bedfordshire College – our semi pro club links – Professional football with Premier League Club plus others awarded scholarships with Universities in USA.
List of honours – over the last 11 years with our various teams
- ECFA Elite league Winners x4
- British Colleges League Winners x3
- SESSA League Runners up x1
- ECFA League Winners x2
- SESSA League Winners x 3
- ECFA Reserves Runners up x2
WHAT WILL I DO EACH WEEK?
Depending on the day of the week you will have various activities as well as your academic lessons, these include:
- Game analysis – for players who have played a game
- Gym work – for players who have played a game or if there is no game
- Futsal – for players who have not had a game
- Training syllabus – all teams to be working on the same elements each week
- Match Prep – roles and responsibilities for game – set pieces – team shape – for the teams that have
- scheduled games even internal or friendly games
- Position specific training - If there are no games
- Match day
- Training session in squads if no games are scheduled
These sessions will be position specific. Defenders will work together, midfielders, attackers and keepers.
CBC Football development Programme and Luton Town Football Club, Football Academy
- The Football Development Programme allows students to train as a professional footballer whilst studying on one of our wide range of career specific educational programmes. ‘Student athletes’ train for six hours per week and participate in one of three squads on Wednesday afternoons. When they are not training, students will be attending academic classes.
- Can also acquire level 1/2 FA coaching badge
- Progression to Universities and other academic qualifications
- England football trial opportunities
- Train and learn at state for the art facilities at Creasey Park with Professional Coaches
- A first class academic programme
- Choose to study from a wide range of career specific and vocational sport study programmes whilst training
- Central Bedfordshire College is the only College in the area that delivers the education to Luton Town FC Youth
- Open to all ability levels
- The opportunity to complete the FA Level 1 and Level 2 coaching award
- Opportunity to progress with Luton Town who have one of the most successful Youth Programmes in the country with seven graduates now playing in Premier League.