Cross College Support
We want you to enjoy your time at Central Bedfordshire College, achieve your full potential and progress on to further study or into work. We have a range of specialist staff and services to support you during your time here including:
- Personal Tutor
- Learning Support Assistants
- Communication Support Assistants
- Careers Advisers
- Students Services Advisers
- Emotional Learning Support Assistants
- Learning Mentors
- Valuable PPD Sessions
- Specialist Equipment.
Additional Learning Support
We have specialist staff who understand the needs of students with medical conditions, dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, autistic spectrum disorders, mental health issues, learning difficulties or those who are deaf or hard of hearing or have English as a second language.
The ALS team can offer you:
- Study support one-to-one with an individual programme tailored to suit you
- Dyslexia screening
- Small group support
- Learning Support Assistant in class
- Specialist equipment, resources and materials
- One-to-one PPD sessions
- Special exam arrangements
- A flexible service to meet your needs.
The ALS team can help you:
- Improve your written skills
- Improve your written and spoken English
- Improve your maths skills
- Improve and develop your IT skills
- Improve study skills
- Achieve better grades.
We strongly advise you to disclose any disability, mental health or additional support need so that we can make any reasonable adjustment necessary and you can get the most out of your time at the College.
Tell us about your needs as soon as possible so we can plan your support and secure the funding from the Local Authority. Without this you may not be able to access support.
DSA Support rates
Click here for a full breakdown of our DSA Support rates.
Use our enquiry forms to get the help that you need.