Is this course right for me?
This course is suitable for anyone who wishes to develop their English, Mathematics and study skills in order to progress to a higher level of study within the college. It can prepare you for the Level 3 Access to Higher Education Diploma or for GCSE study, depending on your starting point.
Access to HE qualifications are for learners 19 and above, the access course focuses on learners having the opportunity to reach their highest aspirations and continue to study their chosen degree at University. The Access course is designed for learners returning to education - We value our learners.
Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
The Level 2 Certificate In Preparing for Further Study in Health, Social Care and Social Work course is designed to enable you to develop your English, Mathematics and study skills in order to progress to a higher level of study within your chosen field. within the college. It can prepare you for the Level 3 Access to Higher Education Diploma or for GCSE study, depending on your starting point.
This course is currently pending validation from the Awarding Organisation. The units of study are likely to include:
- Health, Social Care or Social Work Project
- Healthcare Provision in England and Wales
- Planning a career in Health, Social Care or Social Work
- Reflective Practice in Health, Social Care and Social Work
- Effective Learning
Your course includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced professionals- Academic supervisors who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- Detailed Guidance and progression sessions
- Subject speciality Access to HE tutors.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
What options are there after completing this course?
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- Successful completion of the Introduction to Access course will enable you to progress to an Access course. These are designed to enable you to then progress into Higher Education.
We may request contributions are made to trips and outings.
In order to complete this course access to a computer or laptop would be beneficial. If you do not have one of these you are welcome to study in our Learning Resource Centre using CBC computers.