- 4 x GCSEs at grade 3 including English and Maths
- L1 vocational qualification with FS English and Maths at Level 1
- A commitment towards learning, and a keen interest in business studies
- Successful completion of internal assessment is also required
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR ME?
This course is aimed at students who want to progress to a career in business. After completing this qualification, you can either progress to Level 3 in business or seek employment into an entry level business role.
All the content of this qualification, mandatory and optional, relates directly to the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to work in the business sector.
This course will enable you to take responsibility for your own learning and to develop skills that are essential for the modern-day workplace e.g. teamworking; working from a prescribed brief; working to deadlines; presenting information effectively; and accurately completing administrative tasks and processes.
WHAT OPTIONS ARE THERE AFTER COMPLETING THIS COURSE?
You can progress to:
- Level 3 NCFE Diploma in Business Enterprise
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business
- Employment in an entry-level business role
- An apprenticeship within the business sector
Teaching strategies include group work, quizzes, practical work, written assessments, case studies, presentations, etc. offering you the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding.
You will study units such as: Enterprise in the Business World, Finance for Business, Principles of Marketing, Promoting a Brand, Principles of Customer Service, Introducing Retail Business, Providing Business Support, etc.
When completed you will achieve a Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Business along with relevant Maths and English, and any other qualification undertaken.
The majority of assessment is internally set and marked assignments. There are two external online exams.