|16-18||£811.00 per year|
|Funded||£811.00 per year|
|Non-Funded||£811.00 per year|
Is this course right for me?
If you dream of embarking on a fulfilling career and love working with children and young people, a Childcare course is an excellent place to start. This course is perfect for learners aged 19 upwards who want to further develop their skills in order to become an Advanced Practitioner, you need tobe working within a school or college setting in order to complete this qualification.
This course will provide professional development for practitioners working in the school or college workforce and provide a wealth of experience to the learner. This course enables you to work as a Higher Level Practitioner or Higher Level Teaching Assistant upon completion, or progress into management opportunities. You will learn through a variety of different methods including practical work during your course to develop your skills. Your areas of study will include:
- Enabling individuals to learn
- Understand how to support children and young people to improve their mental health and well-being
- Working with others to support individuals with additional needs and disability in a school or college setting
- Working with families and other professionals in a school or college setting
- How to implement change in a school or college setting
Your assessments throughout this course will keep you on track to achieve; these could include observations in your employment, assignment tasks and a portfolio of evidence to support your learning.
Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
Your Study Programme includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced Childcare professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
What options are there after completing this course?
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- You may choose to continue your studies and apply for University, your Level 4 course is the equivalent to the first year of a Bachelors Degree so you would be well placed to do this. Careers following University could include early years or primary school teacher roles and management opportunties within a school or college setting.
- There are a range of employment options available to you following this course including roles such as a Higher Level Practitioner or Higher Level Teaching Assistant, and opportunities within leadership, management and mentorship.
- Want to know more? Click here to see where this course can take you!
Coming to College is a full time commitment and you will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to College and potentially to a local work placement. If you are concerned about this, please click here to see what financial support is available through our Student Services team.
We do recommend a few good resources that you can choose to purchase which we discuss at interview. We may request contributions are made to trips and outings.