4 9-3/A-D GCSE grades (including English)
Will the course give me what I want?
These courses are aimed at learners working in roles that offer specialist support for pupils learning in primary, secondary or special schools, as well as colleges.
This qualification provides learners with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments. It covers all aspects of specialist support including planning, delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher; bilingual support; special needs support; and personal development and reflective practice.
Is this course right for me?
If you dream of embarking on a fulfilling career and love working with children and young people, a Childcare course is an excellent place to start. This course is perfect for learners aged 16 upwards who want to work with children from birth up to 5 years, and gain a strong knowledge of children up to 7 years of age.
This course will prepare you to work with children between birth and 5 years, and make sure that you have excellent knowledge of children up to 7 years of age. This course enables you to work as an Early Years Educator upon successful completion. You will learn through a variety of different methods including practical work during your course to develop your skills. It is recommended that you undertake 250 hours of work placement in the duration of this course (this amounts to 1 or 2 days per week). Your areas of study will include:
- Introducing the role of the Early Years Practitioner
- Legislation, framework and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Professional development
- Child development and health
- Observation and assessment
- Understanding childrens additional needs
Your assessments throughout this course will keep you on track to achieve; these could include observations in your work placement, assignment tasks and a portfolio of evidence to support your learning.
Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
Your Study Programme includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced Childcare professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
What options are there after completing this course?
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- You may choose to your studies and apply for University, your Level 3 course is the equivalent of 3 A Levels so you would be well placed to do this. Careers following University could include early years or primary school teacher, social worker and many more.
- There are a range of employment options available to you following this course including roles such as a Nursery Assistant, Classroom Assistant, Play Group Leader and Nursery Practitioner.
- Want to know more? Click here to see where this course can take you!
You will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to College and potentially to a local work placement.
We do recommend a few good resources that you can choose to purchase which we discuss at interview. You will need to have a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Check to undertake the necessary work placements for this course. The cost of this is covered by Central Bedfordshire College and it is a requirement of all Childcare settings to ensure the safety of staff and learners.
In order for us to process your DBS check, you will need to follow the below process: (drop down button)
- Provide 3 documents as proof of ID; please click here to see a list of accepted documentation. (LINK TO LIST)
- Fill out the online part of your application form and click submit.