4 GCSE 9-5 Grades (including English and Maths) and/or a Level 1 Electrical Installation qualification. A keen interest in Electrical Installation and a passion for learning.
Is this course right for me?
Are you looking to start or progress your career in the construction industry? With over 300,000 new homes required by the UK each year this industry is booming and in need of skilled tradespeople and employees across all areas of the business.
This course that will give you the opportunity to develop a range of skills in electrical installation, supporting progression on to further study. The course is well structured to allow for a solid foundation for progression to level 3.
We have high professional standards and expectations of our learners and expect excellent attendance, punctuality and the wearing of PPE to ensure you thrive on your course!
This course includes online exams and ongoing practical assessments. Lessons can consist of lectures, discussions, independent research, online tests and individual and group practical tasks.
Areas of study could include:
- Understanding Health & safety
- Principles of electrical science
- Wiring systems & enclosures
- Communication skills development
In order to pass this course you will need to pass required exams.
Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
Your Study Programme includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- Personal Professional Development sessions (PPD) will teach you valuable skills that employers are looking for including communication, time management and life skills that you can take with you anywhere you go!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- English & Maths: You may not be sure whether these subjects are relevant to you, but good English and Maths skills will be vital to any career path and we're here to support you in developing yours.
- Work Experience is crucial to preparing you for your next steps and here you will have access to a wide range of employers to make sure you gain plenty of workplace experience.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
What options are there after completing this course?
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- You can progress onto a Level 3 course in Electrical Installation, employment or an Advanced Apprenticeship in a related field.
- Want to know more? Click here to see where this course can take you!
Coming to College is a full time commitment and you will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to College and potentially to a local work placement. If you are concerned about this, please click here to see what financial support is available through our Student Services team.
You will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost your course book (£25) and PPE. Trips and visits that may be arranged as well as your own portable memory device, pens and paper.
Your course will be taught at the Kingsland Campus in Houghton Regis but may be required to travel to our main campus in Kingsway, Dunstable for exams and other lessons.