Having a learning difficulty means that people find it harder to learn certain skills. As this affects around 15% of people, it is important for those working in healthcare, social care and education to have knowledge of different Specific Learning Difficulties such as ADHD, dyslexia and dyscalculia.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Gain an understanding of how Specific Learning Difficulties affect an individual's life and those of others
What you will learn
- Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understand the Effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understand the Diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understanding Supporting Individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understand the Context of Specific Learning Difficulties
Terms and conditions
The course is designed to be completed in 12 weeks, approximately 4 hours per week will be required to complete all units. If you can commit to more, the qualification can be completed more quickly. If you're 19+ and have lived in the EU for the past 3 years, your course/s will be free - you just need to complete it/them within 12 weeks or pay a £100 administration fee if you dont. The funding for this course comes from the Education and Skills Funding Agency. We can claim this on your behalf if you live in England, except for those living in Greater London or any of the other devolved authorities (Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, West of England, West Midlands, the Tees Valley and Cambridge & Peterborough), in which case you should find a College nearer to home to provide your course.