Mental health presents one of the greatest challenges to our society. With an estimated 450 million people worldwide suffering from a mental health problem, around a quarter of British adults will experience some form of mental health problem within the course of a year. While many elements of mental health are still not understood, having a good knowledge of the information that is available is essential in the care sector.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Increase understanding of symptoms and management of stress, anxiety and phobias
- Gain a clear understanding of mental health legislation
What you will learn
- Understanding Mental Health Understanding Stress Understanding Anxiety Understanding Phobias Understanding Depression Understanding Post-Natal Depression Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Understanding Bipolar Disorder Understanding Schizophrenia Understanding Dementia Understanding Eating Disorders Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Understanding Obessive Compulsive Disorder
Terms and conditions
The course is designed to be completed in 12 weeks, approximately 4 hours per week will be required to complete all units. If you can commit to more, the qualification can be completed more quickly. If you're 19+ and have lived in the EU for the past 3 years, your course/s will be free - you just need to complete it/them within 12 weeks or pay a £100 administration fee if you dont. The funding for this course comes from the Education and Skills Funding Agency. We can claim this on your behalf if you live in England, except for those living in Greater London or any of the other devolved authorities (Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, West of England, West Midlands, the Tees Valley and Cambridge & Peterborough), in which case you should find a College nearer to home to provide your course.