4 9-4/A-C GCSE grades (including English) or if you do not meet these entry requirements please ask about our Level 2 programme.
Is this course right for me?
Working within education is rewarding and fulfilling, and this course is a great option for those already working within education or looking to begin their career. Career options include learning support assistant, teaching assistant, classroom assistant or mid-day supervisor.
This qualification provides an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills required when working directly with children or young people in primary, secondary or special schools.
It covers all aspects of Specialist Support including planning, delivering, and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher, bilingual and special needs support and personal development and reflective practice. It is also a must have for all those undertaking the Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning Apprenticeship.
This qualification will enable learners to develop the knowledge and skills needed when supporting teaching and learning in primary, secondary or special schools. It covers a wide range of areas including children and young people's development, supporting those with disabilities or special educational needs and communication and professional relationships. It is also a must-have for all those undertaking the Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning Apprenticeship.
Some of the units you will be covering are listed below:
- The structure of schools and colleges
- Health and safety
- Child and young person development
- Professional relationships in schools and colleges
- Supporting Learning Activities
- Positive Behaviour
- Supporting English and Maths
- Supporting ICT
- Assessment for learning
- Personal and Professional development
- Supporting Speech, Language and Communication
- Understanding how to support bilingual learners
- Understanding how to support learners with SEND
- Play, Leisure and Extra-Curricular activities
- Learners will need to be working or volunteering in a school environment as they need to show competence in both knowledge and skills
Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
This course prepares you with skills and knowledge in a variety of topics that will prepare you for the next level of education or a job in Education. You will need to be prepared to work independently and meet regularly with your assessor as a distance learner whilst committing to a minimum of two days in placement.
Your Study Programme includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- English & Maths: You may not be sure whether these subjects are relevant to you, but good English and Maths skills will be vital to any career path and we're here to support you in developing yours.
- Work Experience is crucial to preparing you for your next steps and here you will have access to a wide range of employers to make sure you gain plenty of workplace experience.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
What options are there after completing this course?
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- Employment and Career options following this course include learning support assistant, teaching assistant, classroom assistant or mid-day supervisor.
- Following this course you can progress onto Level 4 or Higher Education qualifications, including Foundation Degree courses here at CBC.
- Want to know more? Click here to see where this course can take you!
You will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to College and potentially to a local work placement.
We do recommend a few good resources that you can choose to purchase if you wish.