4 GCSE grades 9-4 or A-C (including English).
Is this course right for me?
Are you in a role where you need to provide assessment services or looking to become a qualified assessor? This course is a brilliant opportunity for those who assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding to gain confidence in their practice. With this course you can carry out assessments in workshops, classrooms or other training environments.
You will learn through a variety of different methods including practical work during your course to develop your skills and gain the necessary knowledge to assess occupational competence in the work environment. Your course is linked to the National Occupational Standards (NOS) and includes units from this standard. Your areas of study will include:
- Assessment of skills and knowledge
- Learning and development
- Holistic approaches to assessment
Your assessments throughout this course will keep you on track to achieve; these could include observations, assignment tasks and a portfolio of evidence to support your learning. You will have 4 assessments in total and all units must be achieved in order to obtain a pass for this course.
During this course you will be providing evidence of:
- Observation of performance in the work environment
- Examining products of work
- Discussion and questioning of a learner
- Recognising prior learning
Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
Your Study Programme includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced Childcare professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
What options are there after completing this course?
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- You may choose to continue your studies and progress onto a Level 4 course such as the NCFE Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- There are a range of employment options available to you following this course including roles within Assessment and Training such as an Apprenticeship Assessor role.
Coming to College is a full time commitment and you will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to College and potentially to a local work placement. If you are concerned about this, please click here to see what financial support is available through our Student Services team. We do recommend a few good resources that you can choose to purchase which we discuss at interview. We may request contributions are made to trips and outings.
You will need to have a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Check to undertake the necessary work placements for this course. The cost of this is covered by Central Bedfordshire College and it is a requirement of all Childcare settings to ensure the safety of staff and learners.
In order for us to process your DBS check, you will need to follow the below process:
- Provide 3 documents as proof of ID; please click here to see a list of accepted documentation.
- Fill out the online part of your application form and click submit.