Is this course right for me?
Positive working relationships with patients, families and residents. Our new qualification enhances Customer Service in Healthcare, which will support you when you are dealing with residents, families, patients and internal and external customers within the Health and Social Care environment. This course is designed to help learners develop positive working relationships with customers in a health and social care setting, using effective communication.
This qualification has been developed to enable learners to develop the knowledge and understanding required to work with customers within the health and social care sector. The objectives of this qualification are completed within 4 units and help learners:
- develop an awareness of customer service in health and social care
- understand how to communicate effectively in a health and social care setting
- understand the needs of customers who access health and social care services
- understand teamwork in health and social care settings
What options are there after completing this course?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Working in the Health Sector.
The course is designed to be completed in 12 weeks, approximatley 4 hours per week will be required to complete all units. If you can commit to more, the qualification can be completed more quickly. If you're 19+ and have lived in the EU for the past 3 years, your course/s will be free - you just need to complete it/them within 12 weeks or pay a £100 fee if you dont. The funding for this course comes from the Education and Skills Funding Agency. We can claim this on your behalf if you live in England, except for those living in Greater London or any of the other devolved authorities (Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, West of England, West Midlands, the Tees Valley and Cambridge & Peterborough), in which case you should find a College nearer to home to provide your course.