No formal qualifications required. Applicants who may not meet the entry requirements but have relevant work experince within the industry are welcome to apply.
Is this course right for me?
Working within education is rewarding and fulfilling, and this course is a great option for those already working within education or looking to begin their career. Career options include learning support assistant, teaching assistant, classroom assistant or mid-day supervisor.
This qualification prepares learners for further learning and training whilst developing an understanding of the teaching and learning environment in a school setting. It covers areas such as how to support the well-being of a child or young person and child and young person development.
This qualification is aimed at a range of learners who are thinking of working in a school setting including: young people, mature learners, learners with special educational needs or where English is an additional language.
This is a knowledge-only qualification. Learners do not need to be working or undertaking practical placements to take this qualification.
Some of the units you will be covering are listed below:
Understand schools as organisations
Understand how to keep children and young people healthy, safe and well
- Understand how to communicate with children, young people and adults
Your Study Programme includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- English & Maths: You may not be sure whether these subjects are relevant to you, but good English and Maths skills will be vital to any career path and we're here to support you in developing yours.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
What options are there after completing this course?
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- Employment and Career options following this course include learning support assistant, teaching assistant, classroom assistant or mid-day supervisor.
- Following this course you can progress onto the Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification, Level 2 Support work within Schools and Colleges or others within this group.
- Want to know more? Click here to see where this course can take you!