Challenging behaviour is causing increasing concern today as many individuals have increasing levels of stress and uncertainty in their lives. This behaviour can be due to factors such as anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities and conditions like dementia. Understanding the causes of challenging behaviour is the first step towards finding ways to support individuals and manage their behaviour.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Improve your understanding of the reasons why individuals display behaviour that challenges and its impact
- Be able to support individuals effectively
What you will learn
- Understand Behaviour That Challenges Understand How to Support Positive Behaviour Understand the Importance of Effective Communication and the Management of Behaviour That Challenges *Understand the Role of Reflection and Support for Those Involved in Incidents of Behaviour that Challenges
Terms and conditions
The course is designed to be completed in 12 weeks, approximately 4 hours per week will be required to complete all units. If you can commit to more, the qualification can be completed more quickly. If you're 19+ and have lived in the EU for the past 3 years, your course/s will be free - you just need to complete it/them within 12 weeks or pay a £100 administration fee if you dont. The funding for this course comes from the Education and Skills Funding Agency. We can claim this on your behalf if you live in England, except for those living in Greater London or any of the other devolved authorities (Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, West of England, West Midlands, the Tees Valley and Cambridge & Peterborough), in which case you should find a College nearer to home to provide your course.