4 x GCSEs at grade A-C / 9-4 including maths and English or a Level 2 in Mechanical Engineering qualification plus grade A-C /9-4 maths and English.A commitment to learning and a keen interest in Engineering.
The UK needs more engineers, and with an engineering qualification, you are stepping into an industry with countless opportunities for employment and progression. With the current skills shortage in the UK, talented engineers have the world at their feet and that can be you!
This qualification is great for learners progressing from level 2 and with good knowledge and skills in production or maintenance engineering. This qualification will help you to develop the transferable skills, attributes and behaviours needed to progress to Higher Eduaction or employment in the engineering sector.
We have high professional standards and expectations of our learners and expect excellent attendance, punctuality and the wearing of PPE to ensure you thrive on your course!
This course includes online exams and ongoing practical assessments. Lessons will consist of theory sessions, discussions, online and paperbased tests and individual and group practical assessments.
Areas of study could include:
- Engineering Principles
- Machining Materials by Milling
- Maintenance of electriacal equipment and systems
- Principles of mechanical manufacturing engineering
In order to pass this course you will need to pass required exams.
Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
Your Study Programme includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- Personal Professional Development sessions (PPD) will teach you valuable skills that employers are looking for including communication, time management and life skills that you can take with you anywhere you go!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- English & Maths: You may not be sure whether these subjects are relevant to you, but good English and Maths skills will be vital to any career path and we're here to support you in developing yours.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
What options are there after completing this course?
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- You can progress onto a higher education course in Engineering, employment or an Apprenticeship in a related field.
Coming to College is a full time commitment and you will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to College and potentially to a local work placement. You will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of PPE and this must be purchased for the start of the course in September. PPE will consist of - safety boots, work trousers or overalls. Pens, paper, PPE and a lever arch folder are essential purchases. We may request contributions are made to trips and outings.
Your course will be taught at our Luton Road Campus and some sessions may take place at the main campus.