No formal qualifications required
This qualification will develop the knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the Health, Social Care and Childrens and Young Peoples sectors. They include the roles played by workers from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others.
How will I learn?
Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
How will I be assessed?
It will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a range of methods. This could include tasks such as designing charts or leaflets, coursework or methods such as oral questioning.
Equipment and other costs
What additional work outside of college will I need to do?
Do I need to find a work placement? Do I need a DBS?
What have students who have taken this course in the past progressed onto?
After completing this course it may be possible to progress to the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or the Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner.
What are the expected employment sectors for this course?
This course is suitable for anyone considering a career in health and/or social care with adults or children and young people. This qualification:
- is aimed at those who wish to develop an understanding of these settings before deciding whether working in the sector is for them
- provides the opportunity to gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
- provides opportunities for the development of transferable skills
- supports progression to Level 2 qualifications in health, social care or children's settings
- provides the skills and knowledge to progress to employment, in due course, in a range of job roles in the care sectors.