|16-18||£6,165.00 per year|
|Funded||£6,165.00 per year|
|Non-Funded||£6,165.00 per year|
Is this course right for me?
Technologies and Computing have radically evolved and is now heavily embedded in everyday life. Through these, we communicate, manage our finances, plan our transport and much more. In 2018 in the UK, there were 338,000 workers in programming and software development which is only ONE of the hundreds of roles available in this sector. If you are looking to start a career or boost your existing skills in this pivotal industry, there is a course here for you.
Our BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing are work-related qualifications for students taking their first steps into employment, or for those already in employment and seeking career development opportunities. They develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals who are able to meet the demands of employers in the computing sector and adapt to a constantly changing world.
Core Units include:
- Professional Practice
- Database Design & Development
- Managing a Successful Computing Project With some specialist units also to complete.
We have high professional standards and expectations of our learners and expect excellent attendance, punctuality and commitment to learning to ensure you thrive on your course!
Lessons can consist of lectures, discussions, independent research, industrial case studies, e-Learning modules and practical activates to develop vocational skills.
Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
The assessment methods used for this programme includes a diverse range of activities including online assessment, written assignments and practical exams to demonstrate competency.
Your Study Programme includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
What options are there after completing this course?
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- After completing the HNC Certificate in Computing you can progress to:
- HND Diploma in Computing and Systems Development
- Foundation Degree
- Higher Apprenticeship
- Want to know more? Click here to see where this course can take you!
Coming to College is a full time commitment and you will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to College and potentially to a local work placement. If you are concerned about this, please click here to see what financial support is available through our Student Services team.
There are very few additional course costs for learners beyond the fee. You will need basic stationery and a reliable USB Stick. The college has an excellent Learning Resource Centre that includes an extensive library of books as well as good IT facilities, so if you don't have access to the internet at home, you can complete your work in college. It is also recommended that you speak with your tutor/s and considered some of the suggested reading material. There may also be costs associated with trips should they be considered relevant to your studies.