- 4 x GCSEs at grade 3 and above including Maths and English
- L1/L2 IT qualification with FS English and Maths at Level 1
- A commitment towards learning, and a keen interest in ICT
- Successful completion of internal assessment is also required
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR ME?
Do you want to be a successful software engineer, computer animator, graphic designer, or help desk support manager?
Our BTEC First in Information and Creative Technology provides a practical, real-world approach to learning and developing specific knowledge and skills to work in industry.
The course is enhanced with tutorials, enrichment activities, educational trips, and guest speakers.
WHAT OPTIONS ARE THERE AFTER COMPLETING THIS COURSE?
You can progress to:
- Level 3 Extended Certificate
- Level 3 Foundation Diploma
- You could also look to do an Apprenticeship, or study a different subject In some circumstances you may progress to
- Level 2 Diploma in IT Systems Support / Computer Maintenance
- Level 2 Vocational Diploma
Teaching strategies include group work, quizzes, practical work, written assessments, case studies, presentations, etc. offering you the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding.
You will study units such as: The Online World, Technology Systems, A Digital Portfolio, Creating Digital Animation, Creating Digital Graphics, Spreadsheet Development, Computer Networks, Website Development, Installing and Maintaining Computer Hardware, Installing and Maintaining Computer Software
When completed you will achieve a Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Information and Creative Technology along with relevant Maths and English, and any other relevant qualifications to enhance your skills.
The majority of assessment is internally set and marked assignments. There are two external online exams.