Is this course right for me?
If you are a practising or aspiring to become a first-line manager who is well-prepared for the job and have a qualification that makes your CV stand out for employers, the CMI Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership Level 3 is the right course for you. The course is aimed at practising or aspiring managers in roles such as: Team Leader; Supervisor; Project Officer; Shift Manager; Foreperson who supervise or manage a team to achieve clearly defined outcomes.
The course focuses on the foundations for management and leadership practice:
- Interpersonal excellence managing people on a day to day basis and developing relationships
- Organisational performance skills, knowledge and competencies required to deliver results
- Personal Effectiveness own skills to manage self You will learn through a variety of different methods including... Workshops, seminars, and tutorials will be delivered in a blended format as we believe this is the most effective way of study for adults. You can attend sessions online, masterclasses in person and study in your own time using an effective platform . Your assessments could include written assignments, reports, scenario and case study-based activities, factsheets, work-based evidence, reflective statements, presentations or planning documents. All assessments reflect real life activities managers have to undertake. Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
What options are there after completing this course?
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- You may wish to further your ongoing personal and professional development by accessing other CMI qualifications, such as the CMI Level 4 or Level 5 Qualifications in Management and Leadership with the goal of becoming a Chartered Manager.
- There are a range of employment options available to you following this course including employment in roles including Team Leader; Supervisor; Project Officer; Shift Manager; Foreperson
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
Starting a professional qualification course at the College requires continuing commitment and you will need to ensure that you have planned how to balance your workload on the course against other commitments at work and at home. The fee for the course is £1,395 and students can apply for the Advanced Learner Loan. The course is fully funded for students with no prior full Level 3 qualifications and those with prior full Level 3 but they are on a low wage or unemployed.