A relevant level two qualification in Motor Vehicle and relevant experience and GCSEs at Grade 9-4, or A*- C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
Is this course right for me?
If you love cars and mechanics and would love to pursue a career in the Motor Vehicle industry, here you can learn in our state-of-the-art garage working on real cars. YouÕll gain the technical skills and experience you need to succeed in a fast-growing industry as a motor mechanic.
Level 3 will suit you if you have considerable experience working as a motor vehicle engineer and want to advance your career by learning more advanced skills as well as starting to take on management roles.
This course is suitable for academically capable learners and should not be viewed as an easier alternative because you are going to be trained by experienced professionals who have knowledge in the fields you may be interested in. We have high professional standards and expectations of our learners and expect excellent attendance, punctuality and the wearing of PPE to ensure you thrive on your course!
This course includes online exams and ongoing practical assessments. Lessons can consist of lectures, discussions, independent research, online tests and individual and group practical tasks.
Areas of study could include:
- Engine Technology
- Fuel Injection Technology & Exhaust Systems
- Ignition Systems
- Engine Management Systems
- Steering & Suspension
- Transmission Systems
- Fault Diagnosis
- Diesel Fuel Systems
In order to pass this course you will need to pass required exams and assessments.
Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
Your Study Programme includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- Personal Professional Development sessions (PPD) will teach you valuable skills that employers are looking for including communication, time management and life skills that you can take with you anywhere you go!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- English & Maths: You may not be sure whether these subjects are relevant to you, but good English and Maths skills will be vital to any career path and we're here to support you in developing yours.
- Work Experience is crucial to preparing you for your next steps and here you will have access to a wide range of employers to make sure you gain plenty of workplace experience.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
What options are there after completing this course?
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- You can progress onto a Higher Education course following this course or alternatively seek employment in the Automotive trade as a Technician.
- Want to know more? Click here to see where this course can take you!
Coming to College is a full time commitment and you will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to College and potentially to a local work placement. If you are concerned about this, please click here to see what financial support is available through our Student Services team.
Overalls and steel toe capped work boots, pens, notepad and a lever arch file are essential purchases. We may request contributions are made to trips and outings
Your course will be taught at the Motor Vehicle Luton Road Campus but may be required to travel to our main campus in Kingsway, Dunstable for exams and other lessons.