Is this course right for me?
This course is the final stage of the employability pathway for learners who need support to find work but do not have an EHCP. The course offers pre-employment workshops to enable the learner to gain both the qualifications and skills needed to progress into their chosen sector of employment.
The learners will be supported by the Pathways 2 Work team at every stage of this process, from sourcing and applying for jobs, completing and updating their vocational profile and CV, to interview and starting the job. The programme follows 5 stages
- Engagement - learners will join in an initial discussion with the learner and their families t ensure this is the correct course for them.
- Pre-employment learners will have the opportunity to take part in some sessions and activities to enable them to identify their strengths, needs and skills gaps are.
- Employment workshops Learners will have the opportunity to undertake appropriate training to be able to be considered for employment.
- Employment placement the Pathways to work team will work closely with learners and employers to job match, this will involve looking closely at the requirements of the role and matching the skills, abilities and aspirations of the learners.
- Sustainable employment the Pathways to work team will use the 5-stage supported employment model and their knowledge and expertise to engage with employers and to ensure positive outcomes for our learners
Students will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of individualised workshops or small group sessions relevant to their role.
What options are there after completing this course?
We will work closely with the learners, their circle of support, and employer to ensure optimal opportunity for successfully gaining paid employment (including, where appropriate, self-employment) and then complete regular check ins for up to 12 months after the student is in work.
Coming to College is a full time commitment and you will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to College and potentially to a local work placement. If you are concerned about this, please click here to see what financial support is available through our Student Services team.
We do recommend a few good resources that you can choose to purchase if you wish which you can see here (link). We may request contributions are made to trips and outings.