Coronavirus: Click for updates from the College


Student Services & Welfare

If I am struggling with the costs of coming to College - what can I do?

Speak to a member of the Student Services Welfare Team who will be able to advise you on any financial assistance available to you through the Discretionary Learner Support Fund (DLSF). See the college website for information on all Student Funding options.

I have completed a Funding Application form - when will I receive financial support?

A member of the Student Services Welfare Team will assess your application and contact you to invite you in for a one to one meeting. Please contact the Welfare Team if you are unsure.

Why does my friend receive different financial support than me?

The college allocates funds to learners from different government funding streams, therefore the funding given may differ due from learner to learner.

If I've lost my lunch money, bus fare or bus ticket, what can I do?

The Student Services Welfare Team are able to allocate small amounts of money in emergency situations ie. lost bus tickets or a taxi home is required due to being taken ill. This is often viewed as a loan and must be repaid to the Welfare Team.

Can I get help to pay my College fees?

The college’s Discretionary Learner Support Fund cannot be used for the payment of fees as per the funding guidelines received from the SFA.

Can I get help with the costs of any kit or equipment that I require for my course?

Essential equipment is provided by each Learning Area to enable you to achieve on your course. If you are eligible to apply for financial support through the College’s Discretionary Learner Support Fund then you may be able to receive support for your uniform.

I've missed the deadline for applying for financial support through the Discretionary Lerner Support Fund – what should I do?

If you have missed the deadline for submitting the 18/19 funding application form you should appeal in writing to your Learning Area Manager giving details as to why you were unable to meet the deadline given.

Can I get help with childcare costs whilst at College?

If you are aged under 20 at the start of your course you can apply for support with childcare costs by completing the Funding Application Form. If you are aged under 20 at the start of your course, the government scheme “Care to Learn” can help pay for your childcare costs while you're studying. Please click here to apply.

  • access logo qaa
  • TES FE 2018 Winner email signature Professional services