WHAT IS THE CBC GUARANTEE?
We are so confident of our success and proud of our 98% progression rate, that we are offering full-time study programme students aged 16-18 a guarantee that you will progress into a job or further learning if you successfully complete one of our courses.
All you have to do is attend College, successfully complete your qualification and then move into work or further education; if you don’t then we will give you £1000 to help kick start your career. *
That’s how confident we are in the courses we offer and the support we provide to help you get where you want to be in life.
WHY DO WE OFFER THE GUARANTEE?
We think it’s our job to help you get you where you want to be in life.
Everything we do is about helping you prepare for the career and the life that you want, to make sure that your study programme prepares you for the reality of what comes after college – whether that’s a job, an apprenticeship or further learning.
We’re confident enough in the quality of our teaching, the work we do to help students prepare for what comes next – and in our relationships with businesses, that we’re ready to guarantee that you will progress if you properly engage with your study programme.
WHO DOES THE GUARANTEE APPLY TO?
The guarantee will apply to:
- All new students, aged 16 to 18, who start a full-time study programme lasting more than six months from September 2017.
- Students aged 16 to 24 with learning difficulties and disabilities on full-time study programmes lasting longer than six months.
WHAT DESTINATIONS ARE GUARANTEED?
If you do your bit, we guarantee that you’ll progress into one of the following:
- A job
- An apprenticeship
- Further learning at CBC
- Higher education
For students with learning difficulties and disabilities, destinations covered by the guarantee also include internal or external work placement opportunities, volunteering or moving into independent living. This reflects a realistic view of the progression that students may be working towards when they join us.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
For the guarantee to apply, you will need to:
- Complete and achieve your main qualification, e.g. BTEC diploma
- Maintain at least 92% attendance at ALL your timetabled classes, including those relating to Maths and English and Tutorial
- Attend all exams that form part of your study programme, including those relating to Maths and English
- Abide by the college’s student code of conduct
- Actively engage in college-led activities to secure progression opportunities including selection days, interviews and careers advice sessions – both during your time at the college and in the six months after you complete your programme
- Be available for work and further study opportunities once your full-time study programme finishes
- Hold a valid national insurance number and be eligible to work in the UK
CBC will continue to support students to prepare for and access progression opportunities for the six months after they complete their study programme, so they can access progression opportunities under the guarantee.
WHEN WILL THE GUARANTEE NOT APPLY?
The guarantee will be invalid if you:
- Fail to complete all aspects of your study programme
- Fail to attend at least 92% of your study programme classes
- Fail to attend an exam which forms part of your study programme
- Fail to abide by the college’s student code of conduct. Should you be given disciplinary warnings under the code of conduct you will be ineligible for the guarantee
- Turn down suitable job, apprenticeship of further learning opportunities
- Refuse to apply for suitable job or apprenticeship opportunities
- Fail to attend selection days or interviews with employers
- Leave a job, apprenticeship or further training programme
HOW WILL THE GUARANTEE BE PAID?
Any guarantee payments will be made in the seventh month after a given student completes their study programme, if the above terms and conditions have been met.
The guarantee is entirely at the discretion of CBC. CBC reserves the right to withdraw the guarantee and / or refuse payment of £1,000 in certain circumstances.